To commemorate the anniversary of the city of Jakarta on June 22, 2010, I want to know more detail about the city of Jakarta.
History of Jakarta City
Jakarta starts from a small airport in the estuary of River about 500 years ago. For centuries this port city later developed into a bustling center of international trade. Jakarta collected prior knowledge about a bit through various inscriptions found in the airport area. Information on the city until the early arrival of European explorers can be said very little.
Report European writers of the 16th century mentions a town called Kalapa, which seems to be the main airport named for a Hindu kingdom of Sunda, Pajajaran capital, located about 40 miles inland, near the town of Bogor now. The Portuguese is a large group of people first Europeans who came to the airport Kalapa. The city was then attacked by a young age, named Fatahillah, from a neighboring kingdom with Kalapa. Fatahillah change the name to Jayakarta Sunda Kalapa on June 22, 1527. This date is now celebrated as the birthday of the city. The Dutch came in the late 16th century and then master the White Rose.
Jayakarta name was changed to Batavia. Batavia natural state of swampy country like the Netherlands, their homeland. They also build canals to protect from the threat of flooding Batavia. City government activities centered around the field which lies about 500 yards from the airport. They built elegant town hall, which is the position of the government center of Batavia. Over time the city of Batavia developed to the south. The rapid growth resulted in rapid deterioration lilngkungan circumstances, forcing the Dutch authorities to move the center of government activity to a higher area is located. This region is called Weltevreden. The spirit of Indonesian nationalism in planned by students in Batavia in the early 20th century.
A historic decision in 1928 which triggered the Youth Pledge statement contains three items, namely the water landed one, a single nation, and uphold the national language: Indonesian. During the Japanese occupation period (1942-1945), Batavia's name changed again to Jakarta. On August 17, 1945 Ir. Sukarno read the Proclamation of Independence of Indonesia in Jakarta and Sang Saka Merah Putih for the first time flown. Indonesia's sovereignty was officially recognized in 1949. At that time Indonesia is also a member of the United Nations (UN). In 1966, the Capital of Jakarta obtain the official name of Republic of Indonesia. This encourages the development speed of government office buildings and embassies of friendly countries. Rapid development requires a master plan for managing growth in the city. Since 1966, Jakarta steadily grown into a modern metropolis. Cultural wealth follows the dynamic growth is a significant contribution to Jakarta, became one of the leading metropolis in the 21st century.
- 14th century called the Sunda Kelapa port Pajajaran Kingdom.
- June 22, 1527 by Fatahilah, changed its name to White Rose (the date is set as the anniversary of the city while the city's decision No. DPR. 6/D/K/1956).
- March 4, 1621 by the Dutch government for the first time a town called Batavia Stad.
- 1 April 1905 changed its name to 'Gemeente Batavia'.
- January 8, 1935 changed its name to Stad Gemeente Batavia.
- August 8, 1942 by Japan changed its name to Jakarta Toko Betsu Shi.
- September 1945 Jakarta city government was named the National Government of the City of Jakarta.
- February 20, 1950 in the Government. Pre Federal changed its name to Stad Gemeente Batavia.
- March 24, 1950 was changed to City Praj'a Jakarta.
- January 18, 1958 the position of Jakarta as the autonomous region called Kota Praja Djakarta Raya.
- With Regulation No. 1961. 2 jo Act No. 1961. 2 PNPS 1961 the Government established the Pemerintah Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta Raya (Special Capital Region of Jakarta Raya).
- August 31, 1964 by law no. 10 years in 1964 declared Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta Raya (the Greater Jakarta Special Capital Region) remained as the capital of the Republic of Indonesia under the name of Jakarta.
- In tahun1999, through the law no 34 year 1999 about the provincial government's special regional capital of the republic of Indonesia, Jakarta, local government designation changed to the provincial government of DKI Jakarta, with fixed at the level of provincial autonomy rather than on urban areas, besides Jakarta area is divided into six (5 regions namely Central Jakarta, North Jakarta, East Jakarta, West Jakarta, South Jakarta, and one municipality of the district administrative Kepulauan Seribu).
"Kota Tua" Jakarta was a witness to the history of the city, behind the architecture of the building is an awesome store "Mystery" will be historical events in the past. Some of them are :
Wayang Museum This building was originally named the Old Dutch Church (De Oude Hollandsche Kerk), built in 1640 AD In the year 1732 AD, the building was repaired and renamed the Church of the New Netherlands (De Nieuwe Hollandsche Kerk). However, an earthquake in the year 1808 AD which caused some of these buildings were destroyed. Then rebuilt in the year 1912, and sold by the Dutch East Indies government to a company called Geo Wehry & Co. and used as offices by the year 1934. In 1936, the ownership of the building was moved again after being purchased by an Institute of Science, Art and Culture in Batavia, the Dutch government. New in 1957, the building was handed over to the Institute of Culture of Indonesia and is celebrated as Puppet Museum on August 13, 1975.
Kalibesar is the name of roads in the area of North Jakarta. It was not far from the Jakarta History Museum. By walk from the Museum of History of Jakarta, we only take five minutes just to reach this Kalibesar road. First in the 17th century, known as a regional roads Kalibesar trade business center is very well known and prestigious. Roads are usually called Grootegracht Kalibesar which means big times, because there are times on the road lined with roads and buildings. Besides the trading business center, on the Road Kalibesar there are also many Chinese homes. Time itself becomes a traffic lane and unloading ships. Until finally in 1740, riots in the street Kalibesar and many houses were burned.
In 1870, the Road Kalibesar rebuilt. On the Road Kalibesar two-storey building and there are colored red. Do not be surprised if this building is called the Red Store. The building is very famous in ancient times because once occupied by some of the Governor-General of the VOC. Currently the Red Store building still standing and used as office space.For more detail about the "Kota Tua" in Jakarta, please visit the web site of Kota Tua Jakarta.